View Single Post
944 addict

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mytrplseven
Here's a few thoughts I have, having been down the same road:

Is the fan coming on after you get the car real warm and shut the engine down? If not the thermo switch on the radiator could be bad (common failure item). Also replace the coolant overflow tank pressure cap with the PROPER one, if that's where the coolant is coming from.

Next, if you push the bumpers in, you have no protection if someone bumps into your car. It could cause body damage.

I'd recommend getting the silicone vacuum line replacement kit and getting a leg up on potential vacuum leaks. It may be why your car isn't responding as it should. Also, might want to replace the little rubber O rings in the throttle body butterfly shaft. They're probably hard and leaking air by now.

The reason your wife loves the seats is because they were designed and made for Porsche by Recarro.

There's a myriad of other areas of concern that you'll likely run into with this car, but it's worth it. Mechanically challenging, electrically frustrating but end the end ultimately rewarding.

You'll find another header panel on ebay and easily the proper color. They're easy to replace. Take good care of those "script" seats. They're precious.

I did a post on the upgrading of the panel lights that's simple and should be done while your panel is removed. I'll be happy to share the details with you if you can't find it.

Good luck on your find. If you have any questions and need help, PM me or do your normal stuff here on the forums.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Last edited by mytrplseven; 09-30-2014 at 11:51 AM..
Old 09-30-2014, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)