View Single Post

After looking at the pics little closer it appears that the factory fuse panel looks pretty much stock, most likely they ran one big power wire over to the other side and setup there own fuse block for the audio system and the alarm. Those relays you see look to be alarm related, probly for flashing lights,starter cut, air horns and whatnot. Pull all the carpet out to get a idea how things re routed. Wiring does get old and solderless connections come loose. Reroute what you can following the stock wire when possable use coragated tubbing and freshin it up. If it were me I'd find a new glovebox door and let theses gauges go, or find better mounting positions if you really want them. Just removing the gauges will cleanup under the dash some. I'd keep the amp and preamp install, I didn't see what the speakers were but if blown or whatever I'd just hook up the amp to a nice set of components or coaxels if the doors aren't allready cut for tweets and install a new proper looking deck. Good luck let me know if I can help.
R
Old 09-30-2014, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)