View Single Post

QUOTE=Robbbyg;8287313]Most importantly first address the severe cancer in engine bay, shouldnt be there for 27000 shouldnt be there at all with any kays, must be from po ods or just neglected when parked, grind a section back get a feel how deep it goes if air hasnt gone through the main crossbeam between shock towers sand it allpaint off leaving some rust and spray with rust converter then repaint , should be good to go without future drama
Excuse any spelling mistakez writing thus on phone under car[/QUOTE]

Wha?? Really?

I don't think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstarr56 View Post
the only rust in the engine bay is the heat shield above the turbo, what you see above the air cleaner is old glue, the matting all fell down and some mice were using the insulation for bedding. Damn varmints.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney265 View Post
When I got my car, I too had to go through it and remove a serious Alpine system with: Amps, EQ's, Alarm, CD Changer, Associated Relays, etc... It was a real PITA. But, along the way, was able to lose 60#'s and a pesky Battery Draw.

I'm glad it's all gone...

What are those 2 devices I've circled on the left? ?Dual Coils for ignition? I don't have those... Thanks!
Yes, engine is twin plug as evidenced by the dual ignition coils (which you've circled) and by the larger 12 point distributer cap also shown in the pic.

Again, Other than the alarm & radio (if need be), which are fairly simple to trace back, I wouldn't start ripping any of the other systems or wires out of there prior to driving the car and identifying what everything is connected to, or its function.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)