View Single Post

Garage
A lot have been said and they are pretty precise in what to be careful with.
- Front suspension under pivot points, where the front A-arm anchors to the body : good place to look for rust, all cars that saw some winters or have been driven in the rain rust there. If there is indeed rust, youl'll probably have to change the whole front under-frame plates. Around $2500-3000
- Rust on the car : GET a good inspection from a honest body repair shop to see the extent of the damage.
- Engine leaks :again, GET a good mechanic to inspect the car, try to find someone who is used to work on these cars to give you the most realistic report.

I found mine a few years ago and she was in better shape that what I can see in the pictures.
After $7000 investment on it, she now runs like a tiger. Still have a little body work to do but nothing major, mostly esthetic. She's had a little above 100 000km and some work needed ($7k), I managed to negociate with the owner something around $30k.

My advice : Start by asking the seller the price he's figured out. Then get some good and reliable inspections from trusty shops. From there, you'll be able to figure out how much you will have to pull out for such a car and you'll be in a good position to deal with the seller with the inspection reports in hand.

Then, you'll have a clear idea if it's worth the shot or not. Just be well informed before you start to talk numbers.

Yes, it's a nice 930.........but they're not ALL good investments.

Do your homework well and keep us updated on your process, I'll keep a good bottle of wine on the side and if all works out for you, I'll drink to your good fortune from the other side of the country.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Martin

Last edited by Praetorian930; 10-05-2014 at 07:33 AM..
Old 10-05-2014, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)