View Single Post
P-Car

Garage
This is my plan:

Because all the spots of rust are somewhat hidden, I'm thinking to sand and treat with miracle paint, spray with base and clear myself. Take off the rockers and clean up the back side, coat with miracle paint, cover with stone chip, fix any of the outer layers with careful touchup as to preserve as much of the original paint as possible. Polish up and protect the patina.

If the B pillar is rusted through, I will have it welded at a shop I have a connection with that does classic car restoration. Coat with miracle paint. Luckily I should be able to save the outer visible bodywork on that side.

Clean up the engine, do a full tune up, plugs, filters, oil cap and rotor. Drive for a bit, check for leaks, if there are no leaks I'm sure as hell not going to tear down that engine.

The car has 4 near new tires with less than 5,000kms on them, new brakes all around, the rotors were turned by him (he's a retired tool and dye maker) and spent 15min telling me how to properly turn rotors to 5billionths of a cm with a special this and that. (very impressed). The car has a new clutch. The car starts runs and drives. I mean, really guys, what else is there? Bad turbo? Rebuild it. Suspension bushings shot? Replace them. Engine explodes? ok. yeah, that's bad.

Last edited by woywitka; 10-05-2014 at 01:23 PM..
Old 10-05-2014, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)