View Single Post

Hey Woywitka, sounds like you are doing your due diligence, and that you are leaning toward acquiring the car. Balance the great advice you are receiving with your personal observations when you drive the car. Keep touching those rose coloured glasses so you are aware they are on when you write the cheque. These cars become obsessive once you decide it's your right to own one.

I have an '82 Canadian 930 with 168K Km's that doesn't leak, smoke , burn or drip oil and the compression and leak down numbers are strong. Engine was out for a reseal at 145k Kms but no work yet. Oil changes and basic maintenance are frequent. I have read others on this board with high mileage 930's that haven't been opened up yet, although the sentiment is that high mileage 930's = reason for discount. Not always the rule but logical. You see a lot of low mileage cars with rebuilt motors. I figure I'm on borrowed time.

I am able to maintain my car without bleeding out at the stealer ship thanks to the good advice the experts on this forum offer. Accept the input at face value, examine and drive it and make your decision on what it's worth to you - plan for surprises, and not just the happy ones.

Good luck with your decision. These are exciting cars.

Last edited by DaytonaCoupe66; 10-05-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Old 10-05-2014, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)