View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to mikester
Ever left a bag behind at a hotel or resort and gotten it returned?

I've never left one behind.

I have turned a few left behind bags into the hotel when I arrived in a room though.

Well - it's happened to us finally. My 6 year old left his backpack full of toys and books in the room on the way out the door this morning as we were leaving the resort.

It was a time share presentation weekend and we were actually seriously considering signing up and were just taking a few days to think it over. It seems like it would work out really well for us and the cost is not that great. The sales pitch meetings went well and weren't high pressure or anything and overall we dug it.

Anyway - I called the resort after we drove home and realized we left a bag in the room and they said they hadn't seen it. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise...

I spoke to the bellmans, front desk and house keeping. FD and HK said they would check with the folks who were on shift today when they came in tomorrow but ultimately at this time there is no bag to be found.

Well, if a simple bag full of legos can't be returned honestly to its owners then what if I leave something more valuable in the room or something like that?

I sent the sales folks a note in reply to their note to me today - if that bag is not found and returned I can't in good conscience sign up with their resorts. I've never had anything taken from a room that I am aware of. I am a good customer of their brands but my kid's not going to want to go back to a place where his school bag and toys were lost and stolen.

We're certain we left it in the room because were only there for 2 nights and it was only used to carry stuff from home into the room and never left. We know where it was when we left - we simply failed to make sure he grabbed it.

I'm willing to accept my part of course but ultimately it shows the honesty of the folks who work in a place and if I'm going to make an investment so far - it's not looking like a good one.

I heart Boobies
Old 10-05-2014, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)