View Single Post

Garage
Hey guys,

It is great to hear that I can pin the 930 to warp drive. Now, the adventure begins to find the problem. There are plenty of resources here to aid in this process - so much so I have been overwhelmed where to start!

I initially thought overboost switch but I do not feel comfortable grounding the switch and boosting it. I would rather spend the cash to get a new switch - cheaper than 'kaboom!'

The wastegate not working properly is then the next step. I'm playing with rebuild or buying new...rebuilding seems to be a pain in the rear.

Now one thing to check that mark houghton mentioned is the boost signal hose. Fuel cut off or not, I want to ensure I have a proper boost pressure reading.

So I will tell you, the amount of acceleration at the moment is monumental for what I have experienced so far. I am excited to feel the full force of the 930's power.

OK so next question, say the overboost switch is OK and the waste gate is not opening properly... Any ideas to fix this issue without replacing the waste gate or rebuilding it? I ran BG44k, as advised by a very reputable tech. I thought it initially did the trick, but inevitably it cut.

What I have decided is replacing the overboost switch may be good anyhow.

I appreciate the input. I know there is a lot on here about 930 cut off... really my main concern is damaging the 3.3 ... and unleashing the powah.

Last edited by thenewgarage; 10-06-2014 at 05:40 PM..
Old 10-06-2014, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)