View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
coupla points

when I first bought my 39k stocker, mine was doing the very same - wastegate stem was seized and the 'kiss the dash' is the overboost relay @ 1.2bar

it may or may not be able to be repaired - test it w/ air, if not opening pull it out and apart and see what the bits look like

I ended up swapping on a low mileage stock WG, or you could go TiAL.

the comment about your not going full throttle with it is the key

previous owner prob guilty as well

that is why the WG's seize - lack of use (seriously, RTFM it's in there 8-))

now

how to drive

yes, like you stole it - fersure

caveats:

- once fully up to operating temps
- except 1st gear yer really just making noise on a stocker past 5400, better off upshifting (again, RTFM the curves are published fer yer driving bemusement)
- defffffffffinitely ensure 2 things before WOT stuffage: good line of sight / space, and nose pointed & settled where you are ohsoquickly about to be
- don't outrun yer brakes (or the peasely 205s up front sans ABS... lockup city, veryunfun)
- always ensure long enough ride to get up to temp, and at least one WOT, and some cool down if really been whomping on it

That about sums it up. You'd be well served to have a local enthusinut 930 owner take you for a burn in theirs if you need further elaboration. Coming from a 3.2 tho you should be all set - the biggest tip would be make sure the rears are settled / planted before WOTage, otherwise it gets loose quick whenst the Boosthammer unleashes - esp on diminutive / dry 245's .

Beyond that, WOT often and in good health.

Oh, almost forgot... Vote to Ban unless pics are up - stat...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 10-06-2014 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-06-2014, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)