View Single Post
P-Car

Garage
Ok, so I test drove it today. Had a PPI done. in all, not good.

First the drive, the car stumbles and is bucking (cold engine), so I say we should go get fresh gas.

Then we go and get a PPI, $250. They are going to e-mail me the summary tomorrow, that's how long it will take them to calculate the work. They told me it needs a full reseal, split the case, basically a "while you're in there" scenario. They said the engine sounds great and the transmission is awesome, but that it leaks from everywhere. Places they have never seen a car leak from.

($20K?)

Then there's the the front rotors, those are badly warped.

The car can't boost correctly, it pings under load past .08bar.

After some driving and the car warmed up it did run better. CIS HATES SITTING, such a shame. All you guys out there with low mileage garage queens, for the love of motoring, drive your cars, often, and drive them HARD!

Tires have flat spots, that sucked.

A crappy test drive. It also made my SC feel like a millions bucks.

That being said, it's a 930....

Strong points on the PPI were: Car is original and everything else is in fantastic condition, they could not believe how clean it was underneath, one of the best examples they have seen. The car is very original (rare). There are no accidents (also rare). The suspension and everything is great.

The clutch pedal does not fully return, they think the clutch needs work, it feels better than my SC clutch, does not slip, chatter, and it is like a switch - feather light. Don't know what to say about that.

It was obvious the owner of the garage wanted to buy the car, he said he would buy it off me If I ever did not want it. Said the car is very rare given that it's not a ROW but a real Canadian spec Vancouver delivered car. Great colour combo, sport seats etc. That being said they still seemed respectful of my deal.

They even offered to buy my 260km SC for $12k + a full service (maybe) to get the 930 driving.

hmmm...

Last edited by woywitka; 10-07-2014 at 07:07 PM..
Old 10-07-2014, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)