View Single Post

BTW, with both the info Noah930 and I posted, the DMV as well as the CHP can be extremely erratic and uneven in how they apply compliance. Go to 2 different people and get two different results.

There may still be people who will help with the paperwork process for a fee.

Also, the per-1986 US 930s did NOT have cats. I have yet to visit a smog tech who understood this. The state has recently started supplying online images of what various emissions systems look like for various cars. I don't think they are anywhere near to supplying this for 930s. Again, the B.A.R. Inspector can approve whatever, but a later visual inspection by an inept smog tech will almost always result in head scratching. [My 930 has a BAR Inspector issued BAR sticker on the B pillar stating what equipment is needed for my specific car but it is only when I insist that the smog guys ever look at it. They just look at their books and insist it should have the same equipment as a regular CA 930 otherwise.]

We are getting deep into what a new owner might want to know rather than what your obligations might be selling it out of PA. I doubt it has any equipment unless PA is stringent. My last comment is that someone trying to smog one of these could find a factory 86-89 exhaust- that has a combined cat/muffler, and it is factory and will help it pass.. but is very restrictive. It does make the smog techs happy though.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)