View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post

It's funny how some people here try to make such a simple thing so dramatic... lol
Well Jim, we certainly are a dramatic bunch aren't we? The key, as you've mentioned, is to remember where you started so a person doesn't get things completely out of whack. The other important key from Miguel is to "go easy" with the adjustment. Quite frankly, even 1/8 of a turn can be way too much unless the mixture is way off to start with.

Interestingly, while on this topic, I attempted the other day to lean my "new" ride down a bit. Depressing the spring loaded screw until it almost touches the control arm, then turning, I felt no resistance. Seems that spring loaded "post" should engage after you push it down enough and turn, but again....no resistance when turning it. My other 930 had a distinct feel when turning the screw....quite a bit of resistance actually.
I've never taken the fuel head apart so can't visualize what's going on in there with the linkage, but I don't think my turning it was having any affect. Thoughts????
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)