View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post
Cool, I missed the context switch

Yes, definitely existing temp sensors if possible, especially on the air cooled engines.
Your implementation is slightly off plan, and therefore special, no-one should have to drill holes in things to make it work for data like engine temp.

For those following along, we are fairly certain that, (and about to try) putting the MicroSquirt ignition circuit between the distributor and CDI box can give mapped timing intercept +/- intercept on mechanical advance too.
Flat zero maps for factory timing, +/- for adjustment by degrees over rpm and load.
Sounds similar to how the J&S safeguard is hooked up. Intercepts the green wire and retards timing if it detects knock and also can be set to retard based on boost pressure.

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but do you know what the pricing is going to be for the metering block yet? I like the #2 option for its simplicity.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #187 (permalink)