View Single Post
Bad LT

Lazy oil scavenge pump?

So I just swapped out my stock headers and drip tank for a set of new Fabspeed headers and drip tank. After getting it all buttoned back up I took it for a run to burn of my greasy paw marks and to check the oil.

Car was fine when in motion at first but after sitting idle at a couple of sets of traffic lights I started to get some smoke out of the exhaust. Take off from the light and the smoke would be gone. As soon as it sat for more than a few seconds it would start to blow smoke again. Got it home and let it sit for a second while I waited for the shed door to open and it was getting crazy.

Anyway seeing as I did no other mods I'm wondering if the pump hasn't always been lazy but the stock drip tank has had enough volume in it to cope with sitting idle for a while. The Fab speed drip tank is quite a bit smaller with no vent so I'm thinking its getting full and oil is sitting in the core until the motor gets a rev and the oil is pulled away.

Thoughts?
Old 10-09-2014, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)