View Single Post

Garage
Alrighty so, replaced the Over Boost Switch. Pedaled it out to a nice stretch of road ... hoping to be able to floor it soon, wapack! Cut out, right at a touch over .8

So, next thing is checking the waste gate. I undid the line from the intercooler to the wastegate at the intercooler ... shot some air through a regulator and honestly it sounded like it was blowing out somewhere else - definitely not the wastegate. What is the proper name for this line? Wastegate hose?

After a little hunting and cramming myself under the decklid I found that the line is loose at the wastegate. I mean, like loose enough that I can twist the accessible end and the line will twist on the wastegate mount. This could be where air is escaping.

I do not know if this could be causing the cutoff issue but I would like to tighten the clamp on the hose no matter (there is a joke in there someplace). So assuming you followed my terrible description of the loose clamp, any bright ideas on how to get something in there to tighten it without removing the intercooler, etc.?

While we are on the topic, I found myself asking how this system works. How does the intercooler correlate to the pressure of the wastegate and when it opens?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)