View Single Post

Another tuner was never an option for me, my builder's 35+ years of racing and building Porsche engines and suspensions with the likes of Andial and Porsche Motorsport was all the certainty I needed. Differnt strokes for different folks..

There are probably plus and minuses to every system. Doing your due diligence based on your experience(or lack thereof) plus mapping out your budget should help one decide which system best suits you. I did mine and could not find too many bad things about Motec other than cost. All systems are DIY's..now whether one has the knowledge to DIY..that remains to be seen. It's a matter of educating yourself or trusting the person who is doing the tune..but regardless of what system one gets it should be a "set and forget it" type of system. Flipping a laptop for every road trip can be annoying...The only time a system should be re-tune is when something in the hardware setup has changed..i.e. headers,boost spring..etc..etc
Old 10-14-2014, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)