View Single Post
Banned

As you have noted, those are definitely coke particles from oil cooking in the bearing cartridge.

As far as how there is none in the turbo drip tank but much in the oil tank and filter - I would image this is due to the high rate of flow through the turbo and drip tank versus the very low (by comparison) rate of flow through the oil tank.

I don't know of any way that you could successfully clean the system without fully dismantling the engine and oiling system, but that likely sounding horrible to you, maybe the flush routine that you described would work out okay. I would really be torn as what to do if I found that much coke in the system . . .

Is the oil you mentioned full synthetic? I ask, because if it is not, you will probably want to use a full synthetic oil in the future since they have much higher flashpoints than dino oils. If it is full synthetic, then you should probably choose a brand with a higher flashpoint.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)