View Single Post

1. The argued perceived devaluing is subjective. For example if you've the very best that money can buy and have a professionally installed system that meets motorsport or factory quality standards the value is then increased.

Do this and cut corners and sure you've devalued your car.

2. If you retain the factory original jetronic system and its stored and well kept, in the event that you are actually selling the car you've the original system therefore there should't be an issue.

3. Face it, I love CIS, but it's obsolete. In order to stay in the rehelm of contemporary performance. There is little you are going to do with CIS against modern management. If you are totally alright with period correct performance and tuning then you aren't concerned about Stand Alone engine management.

4. Tuning parts on cars again, it's in the eye of the beholder and some parts or modifications are trends and just that while others are timeless. To some this is un desirable and to others it increases. Generally far and few " tuner " cars command value unless they've notority or are just that amazing.

5. There are some cars I would refrain from altering because they are rare, or simply in such pristine condition and meet the criteria for collection purposes or show car criteria.

6. I've no intentions on selling, and only ever have let go three cars. Which was in my youth. I think the point is you buy it not so much as an investment rather to enjoy and hand down to your sons or daughters.

Ciao.
M

Last edited by Schwarzeritter; 10-17-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-17-2014, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)