View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
No EFI is not brain surgery, you just need to know what you're getting yourself into before tearing the CIS off your engine. I think folks that are electronically inclined simplify it too much as it is easy and inexpensive for them. If you know little about EFI you are in a whole different world that could get real expensive real fast.

Yes Paul he has to run drag radials full time as normal tires tear loose at 100mph if you can imagine such a thing. If the drag radials are cold they will tear loose at 80mph. It is an insane machine.
The level of sophistication and tune-ability of engine management seen in modern production vehicles such as this Corvette is astounding to me. Not quite the level you would see in a $2000 Megasquirt system, which is why I balk at the idea of cheap EFI. Do you need this level of precision? Probably not but it is sure nice and done right.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)