View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficke View Post
OK, Fine, If you do not use EFI you are throwing money away and leaving power on the table Ok I get it.
Let's talk facts
So I if I want to buy a bolt on EFI system that I can tune what are the hard numbers, where it can be found and purchased today.
Show us facts, please. No "I did mine for around $1,500"
Let's see what you really have to spend to go EFI today.
Facts are hard to pin down without knowing what system you have chosen. From the thread, it looks like $1500 is doable. One has to realize that some of the parts were pre-own, so some savyness in properly planning out your project is needed. Will the user be doing his own tuning? Is your engine healthy enough for the conversion?
Parts needed include ecu, injectors, 3.2 intake or intake manifold injector block and fuel rail set, harnesses, coil plugs, etc.. etc. Does the user want all new parts or is pre-own ok? Would you be DIY or farming it out? I cannot stress enough the importance of the end product..in my case it was about safely increasing the reliability of my engine while adding extra power. Efi should be about reliability first...power second..at least that is my opinion..I could be wrong
Old 10-20-2014, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)