View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Facts are hard to pin down without knowing what system you have chosen. From the thread, it looks like $1500 is doable. One has to realize that some of the parts were pre-own, so some savyness in properly planning out your project is needed. Will the user be doing his own tuning? Is your engine healthy enough for the conversion?
Parts needed include ecu, injectors, 3.2 intake or intake manifold injector block and fuel rail set, harnesses, coil plugs, etc.. etc. Does the user want all new parts or is pre-own ok? Would you be DIY or farming it out? I cannot stress enough the importance of the end product..in my case it was about safely increasing the reliability of my engine while adding extra power. Efi should be about reliability first...power second..at least that is my opinion..I could be wrong
Ok,
Assuming the engine is fine and I just want to buy the parts to make a 930 CIS engine EFI
I do the labor.
How much are the parts?
I see in Kit form Clewette is $5,200
'Gosuperfast' kit is $5,500
I did not see 'Turbokrafts' kit price? I am guessing it would be closer to 6k than the 1.5K But I could be wrong on that.
How do they stack up to each other? what is the pro's and con's

It looks like $6,000 is the starting point without labor, installation or tuning for CIS to EFI on our 930's

Just as a comparison point, rebuilt fuel head, rebuilt warm up regulator and all new injectors with o-rings can be had for less than 2k for the CIS.

Thanks for the reply
Old 10-20-2014, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)