View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficke View Post
Ok,
Assuming the engine is fine and I just want to buy the parts to make a 930 CIS engine EFI
I do the labor.
How much are the parts?
I see in Kit form Clewette is $5,200
'Gosuperfast' kit is $5,500
I did not see 'Turbokrafts' kit price? I am guessing it would be closer to 6k than the 1.5K But I could be wrong on that.
How do they stack up to each other? what is the pro's and con's

It looks like $6,000 is the starting point without labor, installation or tuning for CIS to EFI on our 930's

Just as a comparison point, rebuilt fuel head, rebuilt warm up regulator and all new injectors with o-rings can be had for less than 2k for the CIS.

Thanks for the reply
Pros and cons are hard to say without being knowledgable on all available systems. Which would you think you would feel the most comfortable tuning yourself? Since it looks like you will be doing the the work yourself I can only offer you some advice on the unit I have..which is a Motec M84. Motec has a reputable history. Used across many racing brands. Not low in price but not that crazy high either. Units start around $3.5k..

Keep in mind efi only allows you to fine tune your fuel delivery where as cis may have limits when trying to up your power beyond what simple bolt on mods can offer. One can do plenty of fun stuff with cis but if taking full advantage of your mods is attractive then efi would be beneficial.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)