View Single Post

Question on Rubber Intercooler Seals

Okay, so this is a silly one ... it's been seven months since I disassembled my engine and I can't for the life of me figure out where one of the orange rubber seals go (sorry, I'm sitting at my desk and don't have pics). It's not one of the O-rings, or what Porsche calls Round Seal, but rather one of the cup-shaped seals Porsche refers to as a Sealing Ring.

I know there's one that sits inside the top end of the pressure pipe and another at the bottom. The larger of the two - the one at the top - is right at about 3" OD, I didn't measure the bottom one.

Anyway, to the seal in question; it measures 3.5" OD, much too large to fit inside either end of the pressure pipe. I thought perhaps it might between the intercooler and the Bypass Valve but the Porsche parts books I have don't show such a thing.

I've rebuilt this entire engine from the main bearings up (and out) and yet I'm hung up on what seems the simplest of items.

Sure could use some help (along with some well-earned ribbing).
By United States Marines.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)