View Single Post

Garage
Bud agreed, the article brings the 930 a new level of interest and knowledge to the novice Porsche world. But the "turbo values" they state are a point of contention with me and others on this forum. I don't think nearly enough thought, evaluation and research went into the putting these "numbers" together. How they decided to evaluate comparable 76-77 or 78-79 US spec cars with a $30k discrepancy is beyond me. Unfortunately many members will use these numbers to either buy, sell, trade 930s in the near future.

The price evaluation focuses on the US spec cars which is understandable. But then adds the '75s as if they're US spec cars.They value all RoW cars from '80 to '85 as if they're the same. There were several advances and styling changes between those years including the newer interior in '85. What about RoW "euro" cars imported during US spec production years? "Add 15% for documented Last 50" '79s, regardless of condition or originality? I don't think it's that easy.

They spent 12 pages regurgitating the same information in Ludvigsen's book, among other P-cars books. This makes me think twice about other market updates in Pano and the accuracy of the information they publish. Sorry if I'm too critical but posting a disclaimer stating "What we present is out best guesses for right now," isn't good enough for PCA's magazine when evaluating P-cars.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)