View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway-Star View Post
Use your nose to roughly find from where fuel smell is coming from.

Then put new, clean latex gloves on your hands. Run your fingers along fuel lines, and suspect places. Sniff your fingers from time to time... you will know immediately when you have touched an area where there is a slightest fuel leak, the smell is that strong.

No mess on engine, and no smelly hands, since you dispose of your gloves. Always have 100 pcs boxes of new disposable medical gloves around in my garage.
Similar application to mine but better re no silicone on engine
Once the silicone on mine wears away on mine ill go that route np.

Don't know why many think it unwise as it is almost impossible to find a small petrol leak by feeling around and sight because its evaporated by the time you turn engine off and walk to the engine bay,

Seems many are too scared to try new things that save time and money that might actually work
But if anyone has a better way please do tell rather than telling jokes it serves no purpose and doesn't offer any practical solution to a potentially hazardous problem, many fire accidents can be averted with these simple fixes, and if you cant see that then thats ok too i assume your the types that just take the car to a mechanic and pay $500 to get plugs changed cos you think the engine needs to be dropped

Ignorance is bliss
Old 10-27-2014, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)