View Single Post

Garage
Trip West to East after 20 months storage?

Hi guys,
I haven't posted in a while because I haven't had my car in a while.
I left my car in a heated storage in Victoria, BC back in August 2013. I have been in London, UK since. I am moving back to Canada, more specifically to Ottawa (Gatineau for those who know the area).
When I parked the car, it had fresh oil, fresh brake fluid, fairly new R888 tires and it sits with the weight partly on blocks. Everything was working great except it needed new seals on the diverter valve (clicking noise).
As I am moving back in December, I can have the car shipped from Victoria to Ottawa at that time or I was thinking of leaving the car in Victoria for a few more months and driving it across the US in March or April...
I fear a bit that after 20 months storage, a 3000 miles trip may not be the best idea.
Has anybody else stored a car that long? How was it when it came out?
Cheers
David
1985 Black 930, K27 7006, Garretson Intercooler, Adj boost, TB: 23 - 31mm, bielstein sport shocks, ER polybronze bushings front and rear, ER monoball joints front and rear with offset camber plates, 935 X triangulated strut brace, raised spindles, racing bump steer kit
1981 Black 911sc (sold)

Last edited by Roby466; 10-28-2014 at 07:20 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)