View Single Post

Garage
So here is a little update our 930 that spawned these questions.

After swapping out the over boost switch and testing the WG, Todd (OSI930) helped me determine it is the actual WG diaphragm.

I was nervous about breaking the studs ... but one ruined t shirt with PB Blaster (I went kind of crazy with it) and a can of confidence later I got the waste gate off with no issues. The muffler would not budge though so that stayed on. Negotiated the WG and muffler out of the car and into a box to Todd. He popped it open and found three holes in the diaphragm.

The previous owner of the car did not exercise the WG as it should be. Stuck valve or busted diaphragm, it needed to be replaced.

Todd sent out a rebuilt WG with a dump pipe, which I am pretty excited about, and I should have it installed once it arrives. Now I need to start training my body to handle the forces of acceleration I hope to feel.

As required, more pictures will be on posted once the ol' girl finishes taking her nap.

Big thanks to everyone who has helped so far and to Todd for answering all my questions and concerns!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)