View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Despite my earlier comment, I don't think anybody is really out to blast you Robby, it's just your approach is a bit dare I say hillbillyish or a little naive. If you have ever really had a fuel leak in these systems I think you would better understand some of the previously made comments. These things simply don't just weep a bit...they spray like a fire hose.

With that being said, I've had my system apart before to clean all of the old injectors, replace the needed "O" rings in the fuel head and such, so yes I do know about taking these things apart myself. I'm not the "take it to a mechanic for the $500 spark plug change" kinda guy.

With the fuel pressures that these ol' CIS systems use, there really is no question as to where you have a fuel leak...they ain't subtle. There is none of this "viewing where the leak is and fixing it when you get home" shenanigans. If you have a leak you have a very serious, stop everything your doing, shut it off, grab a fire extinguisher right f*$%ing now situation.

Maybe that is why your getting a little flak about your suggestion...wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more, say no more.

Mark
Old 10-28-2014, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)