View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Don't mess with the spring loaded screws, they are designed to protect the housing.
I thought I had a vacuum leak under the housing so I checked the spring loaded screws. Several of them spun a couple of turns until they seated. Some did not have springs and were firmly screwed in.

Quote:
AAR will open the gate when cold. Put it in the freezer and see if it opens.
I'm going to assume that cold start low rpm will not respond well to throttle input. If the AAR is malfunctioning you can simply throttle up the idle speed for a few seconds and the engine will run on its own.
Correct. Modulating the throttle doesn't do anything to increase the RPM. Pressing on the distributor flap can bring the idle to a nice constant RPM.

Quote:
If the WUR is lazy this action will not work. You'll have to hit the key several times until the fuel pressure catches up with the AFR needed to keep the engine running. Temporarily unplugging the WUR may speed up that process.
What exactly does the WUR do and how do I test it? I saw some videos (on a Mercedes) with a fuel pressure gauge with 2 connections and a valve.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)