View Single Post
Registered

suspension reworking thoughts

The body of an email I fired to Clint at Rebel minus the hugs and kisses, thought I would poll the masses for insights and other questions I should have answers to. Finally getting around to installing the new ER Camber plates and KONI's that have been migrating through my home and have realized they may or may not be the best match for my setup.

I have a 1982 930 which has had some suspension work but is largely a mismatch of aftermarket and stock components and I would like to start getting a cohesive plan together. I have not tracked the car but do enjoy the stiffer suspension the car currently has and would like to work with what I have if you feel it is feasible.

The car as follows: 1982 930 3.3 CSI 375-400whp
Front suspension: 23mm torsion bars, ER Quick Change camber plates, RebelRacing front bushing set, stock bilstein struts, stock sway bar
Rear suspension: 33mm torsion bars, stock bilstein sport, stock sway bar, stock bushings

The car is lowered and has rack spacers, I have a pair of new ext adjustable KONI 8210 1159sports that I was going to install but thought I should get your input before doing so in case your thoughts include re-valving front or rear shocks to get a balanced setup. If coil suspension presented a better value I wouldn't be against this either as the car is not stock.

Looking forward to your thoughts, I can best be reached here if and when you have additional questions.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)