View Single Post

Backspace ? & a shoutout to Jim @ T/D

Some time ago I sent my 7x16 Fuchs to Jim at Truedesign. After quite a bit more time they came back as 11x17's. Months later I finally got the Toyo R88s mounted and put em on my car only to find they were an 1"to an 1-1/2" proud of my rear fender.
FUCH ME.
So being the good procrastinator I am I waited another several months to call Jim.
First off I want to say that Jim has been far and away the best guy I've had the pleasure to do business with. I felt this way before I discovered the backspace problem. The wheels look amazing and he gave me a really good price.
Anyway when I finally called he didn't get into a who said what over the phone when I ordered them. Which BTW was over a year prior. He just said "send em in and I'll take care of it" No charge. Who does that?
Anyhoo, I would like some feedback from others who have 11" Fuchs before I send them back to Jim. Specifically- what's your backspace and how deep is your lip ?
Mine currently have a 5-1/4" backspace and I'm running 7mm spacers which just clear the brakes. It seems like I need to go with a 4" backspace and even then may have to roll the fenders. I'm wanting to keep maximum dish.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)