View Single Post
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Sorry guys .... was contacted by Pano. Copyright infringement was tossed about. Had to delete the content.

Sensitive aren't they? Well what do you know they actually pay attention to Pelican forums. Once they really dig in I think they will find our criticism of some of their analysis to be constructive. We are not a competitor to them, just are really focused on 930 and many can easily see where they are either biased, jaded, or not well informed. SO THERE Panos. A boulevard cruiser indeed?
Violating copyright law as well as this web forum’s rules—leaving our wonderful host here liable—and then calling Pano "sensitive" seems a bit, well...

I don't have any choice on matters like this, and have been watching this thread the whole time, actually. Over the weekend, a PCA member asked me how an article in the new issue could be posted for all to see for free, but I had already seen the post and flagged it, requesting moderators remove it.

As to the comments that unfolded, I saw some very fair criticism, some useful, constructive criticism, some bizarre interpretations, some wild accusations without evidence, a few unidentifiable folks attacking a respected Porsche expert and regular contributor to Sports Car Market, a little name-calling, a few conspiracy theories, and…some more totally level-headed posts. So it’s a forum thread, in other words. That’s cool.

I thought about responding to all of the individual points, good and bad, but decided to let this thread ride and learn what I could. The copyright infringement was another matter. I didn’t have a choice. Thanks for deleting it.

Pete

Last edited by stout; 10-30-2014 at 04:21 PM..
Old 10-30-2014, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)