View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hello all,

Yes, it is true one cannot have it all. if you want optimal handling then you need good bump compliance, proper rebound and compression valving in your shocks and of course reasonable stop-to-stop turning without undue rubbing or binding, and the right spring rate for your style of driving and road conditions.

Yes, to be low means you get more negative camber than one would ideally like to have on the street, and yes it does affect your rear tire life. My cars alignment takes under 1 hour. I end up with 2 degrees negative rear camber, neutral front camber. Rear tire life is 10K, front tire life is 17-20K. I'm running 17 x 8.5 fronts w/255's and 18 x 11 rears w/295's, works for me.

What one needs to determine, is to be painfully honest with your own driving abilities and how and where you drive the car, and NOT how you dream/wish you could drive the car.

Next you need to decide exactly what you want out of the car. Perfect looks? Optimal handling? Ride & comfort? Everyday livability? Or weekend racer?

The truth is you CANNOT have it all, you must pick 1,maybe 1-1/2. Every choice is a compromise in one aspect or another, so make your choice!

I picked as good handling as I could get with the best looks, my 1-1/2 choice. I compromised comfort for handling, and ground clearance for looks.

My car is at 2700 lbs with 1/2 tank of gas, no A/C, no back seat, no spare tire or jack, no inner DOT door bars, no interior underlayment, no 5 mph bumper shocks, etc, etc.

It's light, fast and handles like nothing else I've ever driven. Sure there are better handling cars out there but they are NOT a 930. These things are in a league all by themselves.

Now it's time for me to get off my soap box and shut up.

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 10-30-2014 at 06:00 PM..
Old 10-30-2014, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)