View Single Post

Removing Scuff marks from a Porsche 911/912

I had a friend in my garage and unfortunately he knocked a piece of wood trim into my 1966 912 porsche that left some nice scuff marks on the paint. Lets just say I wasn't too happy about it.

The scuff marks are about 1-2 inches in diameter (I have uploaded an image)

I am certainly no detailer. However, I was planning on washing the car , and figured I would try to remove the scuff marks myself. If I need to, I will take the car to a detailer, but I was going to try to remove these by hand since they aren't too larger. I purchased wolfgang uber compound, some cobra waffle weave microfiber towels, and also a specific applicator for this.

My question is, is there a correct way to try to use the polish, or should I wash the car, apply a couple drops in the affected area, and then rub into? the scratch. I'm not worried about going through the paint since I am doing this by hand (and the reason I wouldn't do it myself if I was going the auto polish route), however, I just don't want to polish swirl marks into the paint into the surrounding area. Please let me know if what I am doing is ok, my mechanic said I shouldn't hurt anything, but I'm picky when it comes to details.

Also, I have a few other small swirl mark areas on the car. Could I also try removing those in a similar fashion.

Any input would be most helpful on this.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)