View Single Post

(POW)991 GT3-&BMW's-vs 911SC 3.3T

Greetings: Yes- :0 That is a 991GT3 in Mex-I had the opportunity to meet and speak with a gentleman that just acquired the vehicle after coming back from Germany for its recall. I did pick his brain on the car and cars he has driven. He expressed has done a lot of track days with his 993-spec-race car and has owned 997T and countless other porsches. After our talk, I did ask if you mind doing some runs. He did ask what I was driving—82SC-I did mention it was a turbo, but didn’t go into detail…A couple other guys heard our conversation and tagged along(new bmw-M3-EXHAUST- BMW-435-EXHAUST-Don't no if tuned)Chevy Camaro—don’t know if supercharged or anything..).—This is how it went down……..Weather upper 50’s sunny—I was in the right lane—approx 65-70mph—4ht gear—(915) Rpms-3500-4000—give or take… 1st run… Both nodded—Heard the the PDK-shift instantly—distinct GT3-MUSIC …. I was anticipating of the jump with the PDK- and to make sure to be in right rev zone--- (LAG) … I floored the pedal immediately once I heard the downshift--- Side by side by 1-2 seconds---no gain from either car…By approx.-5200-rpms I started pulling……easily---. By the time I took all of 6000 rpms, I was maybe a car length ahead…Shifted into 5th---Floored---it… I was moving—looked 2 the left---empty---Looked at mirrors—apprrx—5-8 car lengths maybe more—GT3 Shut it down…….. 2nd---RUN…..GT3 –DRIVER-has my attention now….He now wants another go…..This time—maybe in sport-tune mode…Same as the 1st run same speed—But PDK—shifted twice(FAST) and the gt3 engine sound was louder…..The result was the same as the 1st… I pulled on him in 4th at 5000 rpm or so…HIT 5TH and I said goodbye--  ….3RD-run----gt3 driver gave me the no-go..Thumbs up on both ends…. The BMW’s and Camaro—were watching from the back….. ..M3- wanted to play------took care of business--- asap----2nd bmw—same result---instantly----- Chevy-Camaro---WANTED NO PART…………………

A good day. 

Walt

Last edited by wjfk32; 11-03-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Old 11-03-2014, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)