Thread: Sold the 930
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I guess everyone has forgotten about the recession that slam dunked prices 8 years ago. The 930 went from $35K to $20K overnight along with every other "toy" such as muscle cars planes and boats.
Crazy to think it won't happen again
Of course a general recession or crisis can slam dunk anything for a longer or shorter period of time.
That is a scenario that may or may not happen and it is a discussion that has little to do with the market positions of particular classic cars.

One could even argue, that within those 8 years the 930 has moved into a different asset class.......one that dollars would rather flood towards than away from, in case of further recession/crisis in the future.

Compared to numerous other classic cars the 930 should cost a lot more than current prices.
We are talking about one of the worlds most iconic sport cars.
I always wondered how the hell they could be so low for so long.
To me that seemed crazy unsustainable.

Its position was suppressed for years due to badmouthing throughout the "Porsche world" by a lot of old guys (amateur- and professional experts) hanging on to, and preaching carburetor / MFI / narrowbody dogmatism.

That has changed for sure!
And I simply can not see why the current price levels should be the limit for the 930.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)