View Single Post

Hard to say which ones are best. Currently I'm using NGK BKR8EIX iridium plugs and they work fine. They were around 7 bucks each somewhere on ebay with free shipping. Do a search you'll find someone selling them. Autozone has them too.

In the past I've used Bosch W4CS silver and Bosch W3DPO platinum were in my car when I got it and they all worked fine. I guess you'd have to find someone with more experience that's done dyno runs on the same day with each type of spark plug.

Some people have supposedly had fouling with the cold W3DPO plugs when driving around town all the time but I never did. They may have been running too rich or burning some oil. I still have them stashed in a drawer.

Don't sand blast spark plugs to clean them because sand particals can get wedged up in between the white insulator and steel housing around it. If you see it in there you may not be able to reach in there with a sewing needle or something and dig it out.
Then when running them in the car the sand would probably come out when they heat up and then scratch a cylinder wall and piston.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)