Thread: Sold the 930
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komenda Fan View Post
Frankly, I'll be happy if the market tanks.

I sold my '72 coupe, thinking I'd just pick up another when I had the garage space. Then the market got hot. So I've learned that I'm never again going to sell a car I love, and there are still so many that I want. The market tanking would really help speed that along.

Of course, I also think a lot of the talk about the market dropping is done by guys who missed out on the chance to buy some incredible cars cheaply, and long for a second chance.
I have had the same realization. I have been going through interesting cars and buying a 911 for sanity between them. I have been doing this for over 25 years. I would try a 1973 Citroen SM, sell, then get my sanity back with a 78 911SC, sell it and try a 1975 Jensen Healey, Frustrated I would buy another 911, then try a 1970 BB Corvette, sell it after I got tired of truck driving and brought a 911 67S, The constant was how good 911's were and you could always pick one up easily, they were plentiful and relatively cheap. I sold my 67S for 47.5K and there was as much talk in 2007 that this was a bubble and the when housing popped the 911 market would also, so I sold for what common wisdom believed was high expecting to buy again when early S were around 20K.
So I learned my lesson, I got lucky and found another SWB S and I have a 78 930 and I will not let those go with the dream of a market crash and easy buy again.
I like 911's to much to be with out one.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)