Thread: Sold the 930
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwtmx View Post
I think the market now is either overpriced or overplayed. Why do 2 nearly identical 930's with the same mileage, full owner history, no paintwork, all stock, get advertised for $110k in 1 high end shop and $190k in another? I called a couple of dealers who had cars with similar miles as my car and similar condition and they offered me less than HALF what they were selling theirs for. I was told my car wasn't worth $60k at one dealer who has one for $140k. Personally, I think this is a dealer driven market with a handful of dealers saying what they are worth. I got what I think my car is worth (and it was 6 figures) but I wouldn't go out and spend what these dealers are asking. And after talking to a few of them I hope they choke on their inventory with their insulting arrogant attitudes. They are used car salesmen. Nothing else.
Bottom line is that there is a growing demand and a limited supply.

Of course dealers (and most privates) will try and buy cheap and sell high.

The 930 has not settled yet, so naturally prices are all over the place.
But still, the general trend is fast rising prices.

Personally I can not see any reasons why the 930 shouldn´t end up somewhere in the same neighbourhood as early 911 S cars and even 2.7 rs cars.

The fact that they are now being targeted for full blown, top-dollar restorations points in that direction.

In the mean time, there is a lot of shady deals out there, while some duce bags try to
sell rust as gold.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)