View Single Post

It will start and run (although not nicely) without the O2 sensor - in fact the O2 sensor is ignored right after starting anyway (the DME is said to be "open loop" during this period).

First I would check for spark and fuel. Remove one of the plugs, ground the threads on the plug, crank the engine and see if there is a spark (there are also inline spark testers that you can get at parts stores for like $8 or so. I find these easier to see, especially if you are working by yourself.) As for fuel, some people do this different ways and this may not be the best (or safest) way but I remove the fuel line going into the fuel rail and put the end of it well into an empty milk jug. Then turn the key and see if gas comes out. But be very careful since if it is working, it really comes out so turn the switch right off again. This has always worked for me but if someone else posts a method you like better by all means do it that way. Then report back and people can help with what to do next.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)