View Single Post

It looks like your control pressure is 56 psi while cruising steady speed and then drops down to 41 psi during full boost.

With dual 044 fuel pumps and a 20% increased flow "007" CIS Flowtech modified aluminum fuel head on mine along with a Brian Leask adjustable control pressure regulator I have steady cruise control pressure @ 60-62 psi to have 3000rpm steady cruise AFR around 14.8:1 plus or minus 3 and a smooth steady idle AFR around 13:1 with 964 cams and idle timing around 15* BTDC.
During full boost the AFR drops down a lot like yours but doesn't go as lean up around 6000rpm, it's usually around 11:1 at those revs.

It's very hard for me to take my eyes off the road and look down at my onboard control pressure gauge near the center console when the car is accelerating at full boost in second or third gear... things are happening very fast so I havn't tried that often enough to remember what it is exactly.

Full throttle in first gear just rips both of my 315/30x18 P zero tires loose instantly (stock 930 4 speed with LSD) and my 6500 rpm shift light comes on at the same time so I don't do that. It's a waste of time and just tears up expensive tires quickly and you better be going in a straight line if you do.
Feathering it around half throttle in first gear works better.

I've thought of setting up a tripod inside the car with my D800 mounted on it and bungie cording the center post down tight to keep it in place so I can take a video while driving. Maybe I'll try it one of these days...

Last edited by JFairman; 11-16-2014 at 05:55 AM..
Old 11-15-2014, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)