View Single Post

What parts are you gathering to go big? Bolt on stuff or motor rebuild stuff?
Mine idles smoothest at 12.8 to 12.9:1 AFR with todays E10 gas.

You won't get more fuel from the euro CIS fuel head without having the metering orifices shortened and or machined out a little because your cast iron euro fuel head has a stainless steel fuel metering diaphragm up against the bottom of them. Then it might be unpleasent to drive while driving around town at low speeds if you had that done.

The aluminum lambda fuel head metering diaphragm is made of a flexible rubber like material with 6 stainless steel discs around the size of a nickel bonded to it under the metering orifices. It works kind of like a final fuel pressure regulator with 6 individual flow adjustments - one for each injector line. That's part of the reason why it's capable of flowing more fuel than a cast iron fuel head. They weigh less and don't rust inside either. All around better fuel head when adjusted correctly.

The ball bearing Garret GSX 61 with billet compressor wheel I put on mine made the biggest increase in midrange response and top end HP over anything else I've done and power comes on at lower rpms with less turbo lag than any K27. It makes the car way more fun to drive and I like the turbo spool whistle it makes.
I've never experienced a GT35R but I imagine it's similar.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)