View Single Post
Work in Progress

Garage
Rich76_911s is RICH too!

Hey Guys,

Working on my "clunker," and I've got some questions about the fuel pressure readings I am getting.

I recently had my WUR sent to Brian Leask, because I was running really rich to the point of cutting out under partial boost. I was hoping that Brian's secret sauce would remedy my RICH condition, but I'm still running like Mr. Piggy.

Brain set my WUR up to have:
Cold Control Pressure: 2.7 Bar at 32 degrees C.
Warm Control Pressure: 3.75 Bar
Enrichment Pressure: 2.7 Bar

Today I did test my pressures and I got something vastly different. This is in no way saying Brian set my WUR up wrong, I had this problem before he touched it.
Cold Pressure: 9 psi or 0.62 Bar
Warm Control Pressure: 38 PSI or about 2.55PSI
Enrichment: I didn't test
System pressure measured out at: 98 PSI or about 6.75 Bar
Just for reference it was cold out at only 42 degrees F.

I could just adjust the pressure using my now adjustable WUR, but I'd like to fix what is wrong and use the adjustable WUR for smaller adjustments.

So what could be throwing my pressures off so significantly? Anything else I should test?

As a point of reference I also set up a AFR gauge when I installed the adjustable WUR. And all I can say is that my cruising AFR's were at or below 10 most of the time. My AFR gauge doesn't go below 10, and I spent a lot of time at 10. Occasionally it would get up to 13 cruising but not too often.

Thanks,
Rich

And a pic just to keep it interesting

Old 11-16-2014, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)