Thread: now i am rich!!
View Single Post

yes. mid 17's below boost but waaaay too rich on boost.

well i richened the head back up saturday. what a freaking mess. hard to get injectors and lines in a good location this time. then lots of fuel leaks. then to amke things worse i forgot to close the vlave on one set of gauges that i leave one end disconnected and shot fuel ALL over the car. on to resutls.

i must say, my fuel balance is incredible. first test was with the sensor plate not open that far and for a min test i gor 2.3-2.4 oz's on all 6. then i found the cap i was using before to open it up more and got 4.3-4.4 on all 6.
i ended up with 4.6 in the end. the original setting before all this was maybe a tad over 5 oz's.
i do multiple tests and i am able to repeat the same results.
i did do a WOT and it was very good too. i dont suggest setting fuel flow or balance based on WOT. you can set them the same but then at low RPM they will be off. set them for low RPM then check WOT, they should be very close.

driving results:
i am not getting the leaning that i had before. AFR's from 2500-3k in both 2nd and 3rd are very close. AFR is mid 12's at cruise and at idle with CP at 3.4bar. (spec is3.65).
BELOW BOOST acceleration came down to mid 15's!!
NO bucking, good acceleration, sounds smooth and feels smooth.
then i upped the CP to 3.6bar.
i was impressed because idle and cruise followed each other as i expected.
idle is 13 and cruise is 13.
acceleration went up to low 16.2 or 3.

still pretty good acceleration. no one but me would notice it could be a tad better.
it really likes that mid 12 AFR.
idle sounds great, its smooth, no surging like what i would expect with a rich idle but i still have that drop to 0 if i lift the gas too fast.

here is how i did my test.

08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 11-17-2014, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)