View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
I would love mass air mine, but like SS said, I'm ok with slight AFR fluctuations and slightly lesser MPG's.

At highway speeds, mine gets great MPG's thanks to you stating you run around 50* of timing at those speeds and light loads.

Really made the car enjoyable on longer drives.
Tippy,

MAP and/or TPS can work well so long as you also include IAT and Altitude compensation and it's done correctly. Folks who live in Colorado where both IAT and Altitude can change over the course of a short drive really need this done correctly. With a MAF it's all baked in since the MAF measures density of air the EFI does not need to perform calculations to estimate this very import variable. The more I read and learned the quicker I realized that for most street cars MAF is the very best solution but not the only one. And the new more modern MAFs are not as prone to intake pulse reversions as the older hot wire MAFs. Here's a pic of my MAF I use, this is one of the very best on the market today:
See next post for pic
1964 356SC (SOLD)
1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible

Last edited by scarceller; 11-19-2014 at 05:04 AM..
Old 11-19-2014, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #183 (permalink)