View Single Post

Garage
Jamie,

The MAF comes installed in a housing, I order the 80mm housing the inlet side is 80mm and the outlet tapers down to 76mm. I then sent him my actual filter setup on the inlet side and he flow benched the entire setup and delivered back the setup with the full flow sheet. Getting this correct is the 2nd most important part of EFI, the first is having the injector specs and correctly modeling the injectors. You can NOT bypass these two steps! Most common EFI setup errors are these 2 areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnovak View Post
Sal, Thank you for a Most Excellent post. As usual it was very informative.

I think this has thread has transitioned into a comparison of types of EFI as compared with the original question of EFI versus CIS.

The MAF can be found here.

PMAS

Cory, ITBs should not be a problem for MAF. As long as you have an intake plenum in front of the ITBs where the MAF can get a calibrated signal. IN the case of a turbo you just need one of the connection pipes to be the correct diameter. Each MAF is calibrated to a specific tubing size such that its mass/volume/velocity curves are consistent with the calibration conditions.

I have not had a chance to try a MAF but it is very intriguing.
1964 356SC (SOLD)
1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible
Old 11-19-2014, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #192 (permalink)