View Single Post

Garage
when buying 3 years ago I wanted stock because:

1. I wanted to be able to have it run and work on it when it didnt with factory books and manuals. Even with Bentley you have to read and translate to 930 engine and trans half the time and I'm not smart enough to add in 5 more non stock variables when troubleshooting.

2. If top performance was my #1 goal i would not have bought a 930, or any air cooled.

3. I figured modded= stressed and there are VERY few that are and have always been stock with records to back it up. I didn't consider "back to stock" the same as always stock.

4. Bone stock also tends to be lower miles, less enjoyed and yes, maybe somebody elses garage queen.

5. I started looking at modded ones because stock was harder to find, but there are so many different options each car was apples to oranges comparison with what was modded, quality of the equipment, quality of installation all of which I had to see in person. stock is stock.

Now that i know the car much better I love stock but am much more open to mods on my next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2014, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)