View Single Post
Work in Progress

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T77911S View Post
i would try to find another set of gauges to check pressures. when i run into problems like this that dont make sense, i start looking at what am i doing wrong or what test equipment could be wrong. in this case i would question the pressure gauges since you had the problem before, BL would not send out a WUR with the wrong pressures.

look into the FV. i was reading were someone said the default broken condition is open which would make it run rich. other than that the only thing might be the comouter sending the wrong signal to the FV. i thouhgt it would be closed since when the O2 relay goes bad the mixture goes lean.

i question my gauges on my system pressure. i am making a 2hr trip south to a friends shop to verify.
Thanks for the insight. I'll look into finding another set of gauges locally.

I'll have to look into how to test the FV. I'm pretty sure I have one on my car.

>

I did swap out the computer under the driver seat with a known working one pre-BL WUR, and that did not impact the rich running conditions.

I want to stress that I absolutely agree that Brian did not send me a WUR that was not tuned correctly. Which is precisely why I am hesitant to just adjust my cold & warm pressures without finding the root cause of the problem.

I still haven't been able to start the car. The closest I've been to having the car start. The WUR was at least partial warmed up when it coughed to life, barely.

Poor car is outside right now. If I don't get it started tomorrow I'm going to have to rent a trailer and get it into storage.

Thanks again everyone for the help. I'll keep you updated on progress when and if I have any.

Cheers,
Rich
Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)