View Single Post

I've done this to other gauges in 912's and other cars and if you're careful you don't have to replace the bezel.
When the gauge is installed the back of the bezel is pushed up against the soft rubber insert in the dash so if it's a little buggered up you don't even see it.
I replaced some of mine because the person that installed the white gauge overlays in my car before I bought it bent some of the bezals.
They all ad some scratches and surface rust and needed repainting so I bought the shiny aluminum rennline bezel overlays and sanded them with 400 grit paper and spray painted them satin black enamel before installing them with black silicone glue.

The gauges in our cars come with glass in them and you can buy those from NHS too.
The VDO/NHS mechanical boost gauge has a plastic lens.. probably because there's a hole drilled in the middle for the telltale reset key. I'm sure you can buy a new one of those or try wet sanding and polishing any scratches out while it's removed.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)