View Single Post

Garage
No Power to fuel pump

Sp I got the "no power to the fuel pump" issue the other day. The car has been behaving erratically for a while now. You would be going along and the engine would hick up and run rough at around 2k rpm for a minute or so and then it would run normal again. The other day it died and I was able to start it up right away. Went to the garage a few days later and no fuel pump buzzing sound. Bummer!

So I ordered two of the red fuel boost pump relays to start the process. I think that mine were the originals so I figured that it was time and if I really didn't need them, it is always good to have a few spares.

So I got them from Pelican. Paid the $30 for the supposed OEM ones.
(911-615-108-01 )

They got here and made in china ????? The old ones of course were made in Germany and I figured that the $15 ones were the made in china batch. They fit a little loose as well.

So are they all made in china now? What gives??

Of course, they did not change that the car will not fire up. Still no buzzing sound from the pumps. I will have to have it towed next week to my shop. Bummer! It is air cooled Porsche driving weather in Florida now so I am missing out!!

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 11-22-2014, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)